View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #21
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
That's some nice fluff, but the numbers you posted earlier showed an average payment in the 200's for this year. Far below the market price.

It's easy to write a piece that makes it sound like you're doing something noble when in fact you're not. If you parse deeply into that FAQ nowhere does it say they pay market value and nowhere does it say they've ever paid $3,000.00, a hefty sum most likely inserted to distract the casual reader. I'll give them credit, it's very skillfully written to deceive. On the other hand I'm shocked, shocked I say, that a great and upstanding organization such as the whatevers of whatever would outright lie about the true nature of this so-called conservation program of theirs.
The state extension service reconciles any difference in compensation figures between the rancher and Defenders, you ingoramus. Take it up with the extension service. And when you do, ask if there's anything to be done for your potato warts.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote