View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #103
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
I do have a direct interest; I'm from the West; I visit public lands where cattle graze multiple times each year; I vote for my politicians based on their views on issues affecting the West . . .

But I think you miss a major point about public lands -- they are not Idaho's or Utah's or Nevada's. They belong to the American people. It is not about dictating what you can do on your land, but what you can do on our land. You're being provincial. Just because you have the happy circumstance of living nearer to public lands doesn't mean all others should shut up.
The feds, conveniently, through their obtrusive intervention have controlled how much land is owned by private citizens. In the East, you can wax eloquently about public lands because your lands aren't controlled or owned by the feds.

So we have these non-benevolent landowners in the east who are controlled by whackos telling us locals how to live our lives. We can out to the frontiers to escape you whackos and now you follow us out here.