View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

You make good points about the officiating in game 5. They did blow the backcourt call and the foul probably could have been a no-call.

We Jazz fans know all too well about refs and blown calls. Bavetta takes away a three point shot by Eisley that was clearly before the shot clock went off (it would have pushed the Jazz lead to almost double figures with a few minutes to play). Then all the officials swallow their whistles when Jordan pushed off on the game winner. Worst no-call ever, IMO.

All in all, I'd have to say that the Heat deserved this series.

I don't think Cuban is ever going to shut up. The guy is a fan who just happened to have enough money to buy a franchise. He's a fan first, owner 2nd. These piddly little six figure fines are nothing for him. If the NBA wants to send a message, they have to do something other than fine him - perhaps something as ridiculously outrageous as banning the Mavs from the post season? It would never happen, but he may get the message if it happened.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote