View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #37
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You want to trump how prepared you are and how you don't feel bad for the people who haven't properly insured, but that shows a very clear lack of understanding of the economic situation of most Americans. It is one thing to be prepared to the extent possible (which is admirable and desirable) and another thing to refuse aid to those who weren't able to be as prepared.
Shut up already with this "clear lack of understanding of the economic situation of most Americans." How can I even take you serious when you use such hyperbolic language? You think I like paying the extra $250 per month (or whatever it is)? You don't think my family couldn't use that to good effect? You know nothing about me and my situation, so enough of the judgement.

I am the fool. I should save my money or go buy a new car or turn up my AC beyond 79 this summer, and wait for Cali's government to come save me when disaster strikes.

I'm also the bigot because I admire people that prepare for disaster and then come together as a community to work hard when it strikes.

You and Mike really need to starting thinking outside your paradigms.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote