Thread: My first crash
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #10
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Longboards are for numbskulls. The fact that you saw them in a large group and there was a girl in their midst speaks volumes as to the legitimacy of the activity. Skaters don't go on scenic canyon rides. At least not on their boards.

What the heck is the point of a longboard? You can only use them to go downhill and you can do nothing on them but carve back and forth. "Weee, I am cruising down the street wearing sandals and holding a big gulp!"

Sector 9 is the worst thing to happen to the skate industry since Gorilla Ribs were invented. I wish longboards would go away. Or at least be cast down to rollerblade status, which is to say, completely laughable and embarrassing.
There are a lot of longboarders around the UW campus, and I think most I've seen are wearing sandals.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a student was rolling down a street in the middle of the night, decided he was in too big of a hurry to stop at a red light, and ran into the side of a bus. He fell under, and the rear wheels went right over his head. I heard that the aftermath was not pretty, to say the least.

An article I read about this tragedy said that he always rode while wearing sandals. I also read that he was quite a bright student. Really sad that this happened, but come on, did he think he was invincible?

And how would you like to be the driver, probably fraught with guilt over this, even though she did nothing wrong (she didn't even know anything happened until police stopped her bus a few blocks later)?
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote