View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Ok, I remember this person. She was the author of this lovely fair and balanced NYT OpEd from a few months back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/op...l?pagewanted=2

Rich out of stater's like Ms. Fuller can shove it. Her concern is solely for the views from her front window, not for the people of this state. Matter of fact I'll go so far as to say Ms. Fuller doesn't give two shits for the regular folk in this state. If she did she'd realize that for all the horrible destruction oil and gas rains down upon the state it returns to the people 100x in benefits. She'd further realize that this state would be West Virginia, economically speaking, if we had to rely on the mighty economic output of the saint-like ranchers. A place where regular working folk wouldn't be able to eek out even a moderately comfortable living. Which is what she ultimately desires, to have Wyoming for those who don't dirty their hands with honest work, the trust funders and the idle rich whose wealth makes it possible for them to deny that the world functions because of the work of the common man.

In short she's an elitist in populist's clothing and I have no time for her bullshit.