View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #126
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Well, the words don't look the same either. IOW, you are defining two different words differently. That we may use different words to describe different aspects of an organ or a system doens't mean they are really different. The definitions of muscle and strength aren't the same, but strength doesn't exist for humans without muscles; they are the same. I think that the notion of a mind apart from the brain is a religious notion (using the term religious VERY broadly) and not a scientific notion. I could be worng, of course, which is why I asked the quesiton.
I guess the relevance of which word you choose has to do with how it was used in the pamphlet and by Indy. The phrase :

Quote:
Sexuality of any type is all in a person's mind, so why should homosexuality be any different?
Contrary to what we often see on this site, the connotation of the word mind is very different than brain. Minds can be changed. Is this also true for involuntary brain function?

Indy came off as flippant. He may not have intended it but by saying "Sexuality of any type is ALL in a person's mind" he comes across that way.

Last edited by Flystripper; 06-10-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote