View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

The Heat played with great intensity tonight. And the Mavs looked terrible tonight. A tale of two teams.

What Pat Riley did defensively was not all that complicated; play a matchup zone and make Dallas beat you from the outside. I am sure that the scheme worked far beyond his wildest dreams as the Mavs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn even with the countless looks that they were given. The Mavs were 31.6% from the field. It was nothing short of ridiculous. Couple this with getting outrebounded by 12 and its not hard to see a 20+ point loss.

The mavs choke away game 3 and now look at their position(2-2 as opposed to 3-1 or 4-0 if the heat folded tonight). I wouldn't be surprised to see the heat win this thing, maybe even in 6 games.

I hope that the mavs come out with more energy and mojo than they did tonight. They just weren't mentally prepared to play the game.

I would try to explain this more in depth on cb but the place has so many Suns, I mean Heat fans that the comments are likely to be, 'Stackhouse commited a flagrant on Shaq. Now I want Dallas to lose bad.' And, 'Mark Cuban is such a jerk. I want to see the look the on his face when the Heat win the championship.' Tell me I'm wrong about this.