View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:12 AM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
I agree with you on this Sizzle.

Even the most atheistic secular humanist has to admit that as far as the laws of physics go we have no explanation for the existence of the universe. Matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed as far as we can observe so how did everything that makes up the universe come into being? That unanswered question alone puts all of us in a very "dark gray" area regarding the existence of the universe in general.

That by no means is evidence for the existence of God -- however it should humble us all quite a bit. I personally could even accept the possibility that life could have originated from inorganic matter and become increasingly complex through the process of natural selection. But how did all this inorganic matter come into the universe prior to all that? Nobody knows. We humans really have no reason to be cocky about our scientific knowledge.
And I think that was the point in my rambling that I was trying to make. No matter how far along we get, and how much we learn, there are still things that when we die, we won't have learned. I think there is a point of learning that we can reach on our own, however, our learning can synergistically be magnified when combined with a spiritual growth.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote