View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #113
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Not to pick apart what you're saying BFM, but should the sexually active ones not be given support?

EDIT: In other words, are you saying you've seen that the sexually active gays weren't given empathy and support in wards in Utah? How did the ward members know if they were sexually active or not?
I suppose I shouldn't have even added in the "not sexually active" parenthetical phrase because it clouded the issue. In the instance that I know firsthand of, the person was not sexually active because the person lived at home with family and when the person came out they claimed they weren't sexually active. Of course the person could've been lying...

I'm not saying that I've seen cases where sexually active gays weren't given support or were given support - only that in the case I know of the person claimed to not be sexually active.

On a side note, Carol Lynn Pearson has commented on the love and support she and her ex-husband received from their ward when the ex-husband, dying of AIDS, came home to live his final days with her and the children. These examples are simply put forth to refute non-sequitur's overly broad generalizations. For NS to claim that NO wards in Utah (of course CLP's ward was in CA so I suppose someone could pick that nit) would accept an openly gay man and that to say otherwise is a lie, is itself a lie.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote