View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
BoylenOver

BoylenOver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
3. I have compassion for gay people. I want to trust them and take them at face value when they speak of gay rights and how they want to be viewed in society. However, there seems to be a real darkness about the gay lifestyle, promiscuous sex, drugs, acting out of childhood pain, dangerous risky sex, multiple meaningless partners. Part of me wants to be tolerant and acknowledge gay lifestyle as legitimate and be happy for them finding joy and happiness however they want to find it. Part of me wants to hold on to the traditional Christian view that homosexuality is an abomination and scourge, which we should try to fight against as if it's a war for the souls of those who struggle with that sin, because it's the LOVING thing to do, because these people clearly are not happy and leaving the lifestyle is a step towards recovery and happiness.
MW has already addressed it, but drugs and promiscuous sex don't define the lifestyle of every homosexual. Just like the gang lifestyle doesn't define every urban youth's existence, or the clean-cut lifestyle doesn't define every Caucasian male in Utah County.

I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and equality, but I must admit I get very uncomfortable whenever a guy hits on me.

Last edited by BoylenOver; 06-03-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Brevity
BoylenOver is offline   Reply With Quote