View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #43
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I dont think you have complained much at all the entire series.

When it comes to the Lakers, Spurs fans are a different breed than Jazz fans, at least in my opinion. Perhaps that is because the Spurs have won rings and so there is a mutual respect there between the two groups. Not sure.

By rights, the Lakers should consider the Spurs their rival because they have battled for most of the titles in this decade. But I honestly can never bring myself to dislike the Spurs because, for the most part, they simply keep quiet, win or lose. I cant think of an incident, even when the Spurs beat the Lakers, wherein I felt that the Spurs were jerks. How do people dislike Tim Duncan? What does he say that annoys people? I dont get it.

I do think this series is over, even if it goes to 6 or 7. The Lakers are too fast and too young. The Spurs built large leads in two games, they also fell into large holes in two games. Last night, down by 14 and it was only halfway through the first quarter.

Again, this is a torch passing. Trust me....I've seen it twice in my lifetime....both time by younger faster teams. When the Lakers beat the Bulls in game 1 of the Finals, I was expecting another Laker victory. In Game 2, it was quickly apparant that there was a new era beginning.

When the Lakers lost to the Spurs on the quest for 4, it was sad, but you realized that these teams cannot win forever. The Spurs were simply better....because they were younger and faster. Another new era was beginning.

This Spurs team has had an insanely impressive run. 4 rings in less than 9 years. But a lot of extra mileage from all those playoff runs. Time for another new era....
Maybe I am in denial.