View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #35
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am not claiming it was a make-up. I am saying that complaining about the no call is pointless given that the Spurs should not have had the ball to begin with.

The no-call was clearly a bad call. At least in my opinion. It looked like Fisher fouled him.

Another thing nobody is talking about.....Barry would have likely hit both FTs, tying the game. Then the Spurs would have had to win in OT.....and they never had a lead once in that game.

This is all a nice red herring. Spurs fans are crapping their pants because they know that this team, in its current state, is done. They are now older and slower and more injury prone. This is the same torch passing that took place when the Spurs ended the Lakers quest for a 4-peat.
Let me go on record as saying that I have not complained once about the no-call. I also still have a glimmer of hope. The Spurs led by 20 in game 1, led by 20 in game 3, and had a chance to win game 4. This series could very easily be 3-1 SAS.

I think if San Antonio wins tonight they can force a game 7. But I really dont see them winning this series, 3 in a row from LA with two of them on the road is a near impossible task.