View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post

I'd probably say when my foot lands it is more of a thud. I've never been light on my feet by any means, so what should I pay attention to? Landing on my heels and pushing off to my toes more? I've never really 'thought' about running, I've just done it.

As far as posture, I've never paid attention. I'll have to look next time.

Thanks for the recommendations.
The whole key to running efficiently is relaxation. It's a reason why stretching is important beforehand. The only part of the body that should work are legs, lungs and heart. Everything else needs to be completely relaxed.

Posture is debated, see Chi Running.

For you, you may wish to consult the running store, but without having seen you run, I'd recommend a midsole land. I'm not naturally light on my feet, but focusing upon it allows me to improve. It's just how you set your foot down. You can "lighten" your land if you concentrate and over time it will improve. This will lessen injuries. I currently have a bone contusion on my heel from speed work, so foot strike is important.

I love fitness so you hit me on something I love, even though in terms of competition, I'm very average and often disappointed with my performances. However, it's taken a lot of work to become average so I've had to go at it very methodically.