View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Does this theory apply for cyclling as well? I've been feeling like a total dog riding in Utah. I don't know if the hills are just that much steeper in Bountiful or if I'm slowly slipping out of shape but I've really been having trouble grinding up the hills.

I find myself looking for a lower gear and there is no relief to be found. I've swallowed my pride and just accepted the fact that a solid hour on the bike is good even if I feel like I'm creeping along.

The scary thing... My HRM says I'm in the 160 - 170 range for the whole hour. I can get down into the 130s on decent but even when I don't feel like I'm working that hard my ticker is pushing MHR.

Is there no relief for the fat guy?
Yes that theory applies to cycling. The only relief for a fat guy comes when you aren't fat anymore. If you feel like you are really struggling, pay more attention to the time that you are riding. Ride as long as possible.
The weight will come off and your cardio contition will improve. Just don't let yourself get frstrated to the point that you put the bike away.
Also, keep in mind that some days are beeter that others. There are days that I feel like a slug. The next day, I feel like a world beater.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote