Thread: Plaisted gone?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #33
Prof-Bball

Prof-Bball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
There's absolutely something to be said for player progression & for player consistency coming with playing time.

I've always been a supporter of Fredette getting more minutes as he gained experience - there's no denying that he's a player. And, I think by his Senior year he'll certainly be very much superior to Murdock (or Burgess if he ends up as a 2). Was he superior to Murdock last year? I don't think so - PERHAPS excepting the last few games of the year. Will he be superior this year? I think so - but I also think there will be some growing pains, especially early in the year.

I am going to have to diagree. If Jimmer would have got a shot at pg from the start of the season he would have been starting before conference play. I mean he only started playing pg in the second UNLV game and he had him beaten out come the MWC finals. And between the 2 biggest games of the season against the tougest competition Jimmer averaged 13.5 ppg 3rpg 2apg with a 4/1 ast/to ratio and shot Just under 50% from the field. Put those numbers against any of Murdocks best two games against CSU and Portland and it still doesnt compare.
Prof-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote