View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 05:37 AM   #46
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I disagree. Are you saying that one should pretend to change one's core beliefs in order to pander to a commercial audience? They are basically saying "This is who we are. If you don't like us, tough." I respect that. If you read the article you also know that they are embarassed by their early recordings because they feel like some of them were dumbed down and made sappy under pressure from Nashville executives. Now they are going to record what they want, how they want. I think that is awesome.

That's not the way I see it. I see, "I am going to shout in the wind and nobody can stop me." Which, of course, is correct.

Its not their political opinion that bothers me the most. Its that they have a huge megaphone to yell their opinions into and they do so. Over and over again. Is this really a necessity? Do I always have to be informed of what their opinions are? Why the hell should I care(or have to listen to) WHAT they think? Just play the damned music and vote for who you want in November.

What gets my goat about a lot of these hollywood celebrities is that they seem to think that their opinion is more important or more valid than mine. Such arrogance.