View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #32
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The others are being mentally lazy and you are fallen into their trap.

There are grades of standing here:

1. Being in good standing with God.
2. Being a member of the church in good standing.
3. Being a member of the church.
4. Being a student at BYU.
5. Being a student at BYU and on the football team.
6. Being a student at BYU and on the football team with a scholarship.

I don't want the criminals and those unable to maintain a C average in the PE major being in category number 6 above. If that makes me a Mullah, then I'll proudly wear that hat.
Actually, you're the one who's being "mentally lazy". On the other hand, lack of capacity may not necessarily denote laziness...

You want the members of the football team to be exemplary persons of nothing but the highest moral standards. And I think you're silly to expect that even a very, very good kid can't run into some problems caused by mistakes he's made.

Further, I think that tossing the kid who's made those mistakes onto his ass because of those mistakes is the height of pharisitical ideals. Therefore, I call you out as an unforgiving asshole who's opinion I openly despise.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote