View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #97
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
That is just beautiful........

He was once a devout follower but no longer is, now he just wastes time doing LDS things to keep peace with his wife, and just in case they may turn out to be true after all, right?

Go ahead and deny the part about it just might be true, but why else would someone claim disbelief and then continue to spend time doing something they claim is false?

I guess you must be one of those whose programming just got a little crossed and you can't seem to just walk away from all of it and be at peace with the decision?

I was out of the church for a long time because I thought it was bunk, trust me when I say that My family and friends knew what I thought about the church. It was soooo fricking easy to just open the door and walk out.

Man up and tell the wife that you TRULY feel it is a waste of time to do LDS things, then tell the Bishop to stuff it with trying to get you back into the fold. If your convictions are correct you will feel ostracized for about, ohh, 30 seconds, then you will have every sunday off and a pay increase, and the ability to truly be free from the guilt associated with hanging around and doing something you know in your heart isn't true, correct?

I hope you will find the conviction to do what is the right thing El Paso man, it must be truly tough to be stuck hanging by the sack, knowing that you have some serious questions about whether it's true or not, yet not being able to shed yourself of the guilt associated with just opening the door and leaving.
For shame.

You manage to try to point El Paso to the door and exemplify Adam's "Sit down and shut up" all in one post.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote