View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

This is not Scout Camp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
...internet access... air conditioned dining hall... clean flushing toilets, and private hot showers (for both boys and adults)... electrical outlets in the camp.

Only downside is that we are little bit too closely packed together (leading to my consternation about our noise pollution). But next year they will be spacing us out...
hell... this isn't even "camping" by my standard. This sounds like one of those "camps" you see in the teen movies or "The Parent Trap."

Cafeteria food?

Scouting has made some significant changes since I was a young pup. When I went to scout camp we drove 10 miles off the highway on a dirt road to a three walled cabin and a couple of canvas tents. Our "bathroom" was an 8' board with 4 holes in it resting on four garbage cans. The showers were canvas stalls supplied by water diverted from the nearby creek. "Camp" was "over there" in a small clearing and we made our own dinner in dutch ovens.

The "garden spot" of the entire camp was the director's cabin/medical clinic. A single wide trailer neatly tucked into a grove of trees with its very own outhouse just yards from the back door.

I'm not complaining... We loved it. I had no idea places like the one you describe existed.