View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #31
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You have obviously not watched the Spurs-Suns series very closely. The Spurs have been nothing short of phenomenal, except for game 4. Game 3 was the best I have ever seen a team play in a playoff game, ever. It will be the best you see any team play this whole post season. They beat the Suns last night with Ginobili going 2-11 and only scoring 8 points. When the big 3 are rolling they will are tough to beat.

Look at the matchups in round 2, Paul and Parker will neutralize each other, CHandler will do a good job on Duncan, but who guards Manu?

Western Conference Finals Parker will have his way with the interior defense of both the Lakers and the Jazz. The only difference being LA has Kobe who will be the best player on the floor.
Come on Junkie. The best any playoff team has played ever (that you have seen) was Game 3 of the Spurs-Suns series? Yes, the Spurs played well in that game. They didn't play particularly well in the others. In fact, they should have lost Game 1 (took some very lucky and uncharacteristic shots to get the win). Game 2 they were decent. Game 3 great, Game 4 AWFUL, Game 5 average. They only won Game 5 because the Suns turned into the worst shooting team in the NBA (and the defense was decent, but not stellar to force the Suns into an awful shooting night). Not that impressive overall.

The Jazz took 2 of 4 from the Spurs in the regular season (both at home). The Spurs barely won the first game in SA, and they blew the Jazz out in the last game (in SA) after the Jazz had clearly decided they weren't interested in competing since their playoff picture would be better with a loss. In the 3rd game, the Jazz held the Spurs to a franchise low total of 64 points.

I don't recall predicting that the Spurs wouldn't beat the Hornets. I think it will be competitive, but the Spurs likely get to the finals where they lose to the Jazz-Lakers winner (who then goes on to win the NBA title).

I am far more concerned about the Lakers than the Spurs. The Lakers look really good right now (far better than the Spurs and their greatest performance in NBA history in Game 3 ever). Kobe is looking fantastic.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote