View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Dodgers - My grandfather was a dodger fan, my father was a dodger fan, I am a dodger fan, and I hope my boys will be dodger fans. The golden pipes of Vin Scully bring back fond childhood memories. I might shed a tear when Vin passes from this life.

Lakers - Same as above, and I did shed a tear when Chick left to occupy the broadcast booth in the sky. I was raised on Laker showtime and I remember hating the Celtics and pretending I was Magic Johnson everytime I played basketball in the driveway. I remember being in PE class in highschool when Magic announced he had HIV. I was devestated and was sure that Magic would die shortly.

Broncos - Before my family moved back to CA. We lived for a time in western Nebraska and were the recepient of Denver television stations. I grew to like the Broncos since that was the only team I could watch until I was 11 and we moved to CA. These were the years of a young John Elway. I loved watching him play. I loved how he continued to crush Marty Schottenheimer year after year and I was crushed when he continued to lose superbowl after superbowl. I loved it when he finally won a couple late in his career.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote