View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #37
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I still skate, although not as often as I would like. The YM in our ward enjoy surfing and skating, so that makes it easier to do some of the acitvities with them.

We have gone to Etnies in Lake Forest a few times for YM activity. in fact, we are going to the San Clemente park in 2 weeks as a ward YM. there are also 2 large Vans parks that are amazing. It costs about $20 to session, but very worth it. Lots of public parks for free, too.

If you can regularly do kickflips, then you are better than me, no doubt. My ollie comes and goes. A shuv-it is pretty easy. A pop shuv it.....that's another story. I can do basic stuff like manuals, ollies, etc..

I dont know why I cant land a kickflip (other than that I suck). Everytime I try, I kick the board out too far and it just goes flying away. I have never been able to get the feel of it. I will blame it on my being goofy, even though that is not really relevant.

I ollied over a paint can in our garage last weekend. I felt pretty cool.
I still skate a bit as well. No kickflips for me but I can nolly heel flip and toe flip. For some reason I can flip off the nose but not the tail. Ollies and varials are still doable. I can also still wax a curb and do tail slides and nose slides as well as crooked grinds. My 7 year old is finally asking me to teach him to ollie. I am not really a good skater, nor a good teacher but we are working on the mechanics of an ollie. :-)

Oh and I am 6'2" and can't dunk anymore (too out of shape), but I did dunk in several HS games :-).
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote