Thread: Ride Reports?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

My ride report from the weekend:

35 miles with a small group. New guy to the saturday morning ride is a cat 3 racing nearly every weekend this summer. He was doing 2 crits on sunday , so saturday was his warm-up for that. On top of that, he broke a couple of spokes on his roadie on the wednesday night ride, so he was on his mountain bike on saturday, waiting for his roadie to get fixed. Even still, he rode very well, holding a strong pace the entire time.

Lately we've been doing longer, sustained interval training, typically between 10 and 20 minutes long. These are done at or slightly above lactate threshold, and are very painful. Throw in a few 30 second sprints and it makes for a very efficient hard 2 hour ride.

I'm still in terrible shape for how much I've been riding lately. A big part of it is that I haven't been able to go on many long rides (3-4 hours) up in the hills. Aside from the 2 centuries I've done, its pretty much just been 1-2 hour rides during the week and 2-2.5 hour rides on saturday. maybe next year.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote