View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The lesson was going along fine until someone tries to make a point on unrighteous behavior by comparing Utah Mormons to the rest of The Church.

Utah Mormons = complacency = unrighteousness

The guy (who has held many Stake positions) was serious; it was no FM troll job. I express my disillusionment to my wife and get a lecture on not getting offended. That was nice.

This is a common theme that I've heard throughout my experience outside of Utah (from the pulpit, in the halls, from instructors). WTF is this all about?
I hear this all the time so I don't doubt it goes on, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

It has to do with the culture you come from, not your religion. However, the Utah culture has to be the closest to real "mormon" culture doesn't it because of the numbers.

A lot I think has to do with "outsiders" thinking Utah is backwards. Duh, why is it considered backwards. Outside of Utah mormons gain their superiority complex because of their association with the hip "non-mormons" in their culture.

It might be why BYU is has become an elitist, entitlement stronghold for a group of students who have never sat on a toilet long enough to realize "their shit stinks".

Please tell me the knot heads that pulled the Golds Gym stunt were not from Utah. I would use that as my source of evidence that Utah mormons represent reality, the elitists members outside of Utah want to look down on someone like their neighbors look down on them.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote