Thread: The Couplet
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #37
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
You did suggest that I didn't support the ideas of always existing and progressing. You did that when you said you supported MRD's idea of those things and then couched that agreement in terms more general than the dispute. When you did that, you implied my disagreement with your generality.

If you're trying to say that you support MRD's particular sense of progression to God (with a big "G"), which was the major issue of dispute, then of course you are disagreeing with me, and I have every right to object to your overgeneralization of the dispute as to being about MRD supporting the ideas of always existing and progressing and me disagreeing.

You have exactly zero room to lecture anyone about trying to understand.
No, it is not as simple as I state ‘A’ and therefore disagree with ‘you’ … such is a condition of prejudgment and not commensurate with an attitude that enables tolerant discourse.

You have jumped to conclusions about my intent with nothing more than conjecture to support your conclusion. My post, not necessarily in support of MRD's particular sense of progression, was to state that my understanding is more in line with MRD’s thinking and nothing more.

You can continue deride but the simple fact of the matter is I have as much room as you to lecture on understanding.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote