Thread: The Couplet
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I'm not attacking your opinion or the tone of the conversation -I find it interesting and only wish to offer support for the original idea of MRD's comments at level one of the conversation. There is no need to belittle me or my comments -it's just hurtful and unkind but such is life on CG.

I never suggested that you argued against us always existing. All I can do is say I'm sorry that you choose to prejudge my intent as opposed to demonstrate a desire to understand my contribution. I certainly own some responsibility in all this, yet I'm prepared to move beyond it, unfortunately you do not appear prepared to do the same.
You did suggest that I didn't support the ideas of always existing and progressing. You did that when you said you supported MRD's idea of those things and then couched that agreement in terms more general than the dispute. When you did that, you implied my disagreement with your generality.

If you're trying to say that you support MRD's particular sense of progression to God (with a big "G"), which was the major issue of dispute, then of course you are disagreeing with me, and I have every right to object to your overgeneralization of the dispute as to being about MRD supporting the ideas of always existing and progressing and me disagreeing.

You have exactly zero room to lecture anyone about trying to understand.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote