Thread: The Couplet
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
D&C 93:29 is clearly speaking of an eternal creation of man (and not a mortal creation). Things get really wild in that passage though, in addition to delcaring man an eternal, uncreated intelligence, man is said to be "spirit," "spirit" and "element" are both said to be eternal ("spirit and element, insepearbly connected receive a fullness of joy"), and the "elements are the tabernacle of God." "Intelligence" is also said to be the glory of God.

What I'm ruminating about is an implicit distinction in D&C 93 between God and the tabernacle of God. This might be a stupid thought, but Father and Son HAVING tangible bodies of flesh and bone (D&C 130) is not necessarily those bodies being part of their beings. It certainly could be, as in I HAVE a heart, but it could also be like, I HAVE a house (or tabernacle) wherein I dwell. In other words, God posesses a body and is inseperably connected to a body, but the body might be distinct from God.
Now this is an interesting observation. a lot of implications with this. Maybe this is what the holy ghost is?