Thread: MWC in BCS
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Below is "The Perfect Storm"

Well...oddly enough, I see a strangely similar situation arising with BYU as it did in 1984.

For a team like BYU to have ANY chance at winning a National Championship in the current format, will take a MINIMUM of two years. (2006 & 2007 have laid a great foundation for us currently)

That is why we are in a very precarious, but wonderful position this year. This year, the best that BYU can hope for is to land a BCS game...undefeated or not.

But they MUST position themselves for NEXT year (by winning out or only having 1 loss max)

The prior two years, has set the stage for BYU, much like McMahan and Young did prior to turning the reigns over to Bosco.

IF BYU could go undefeated or even a one loss team, and make it to, and actually WIN the Fiesta Bowl, then they will be positioned for NEXT year to start ranked in the low teens.

Win out NEXT year AFTER winning the Fiesta Bowl THIS year, and you have definite possibilities to the grand prize.

Writers would be looking at:

* A four year record of 32-0 in the MWC + 4 consecutive MWC titles;
* a cummulative 4 year record of 47-5
* OOC wins over Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Florida St., UCLA, Arizona St., TCU, Utah
* 4 consecutive bowl appearances, 2-1 Vegas and a 1-0 Fiesta Bowl record

If BYU accomplishes all of that...you will not only be talking about playing in a NC but you will be hearing and seeing our own Max Hall being mentioned for the Heisman.

I'm not sayin'....I'm just sayin'....

Last edited by The Borg; 04-16-2008 at 06:26 PM.
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote