View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I know of no reports that men "fled the area". I do know that they ringed the temple, and some of them cried as the authorities went in.

Which of the kids is in danger? Well, let's go on a fishing expedition.

Which houses have drugs in them?

Which cars have drugs?

I'll find you some drugs if you give me carte blanche to act on my hunches and guesses.
This seems to be a common theme amongst those who are having a tough time.....this notion of a fishing expedition.

If the cops go in on a valid warrant and start asking questions to people, it only takes a few questions to find out the there is statutory rape occuring. At that point, there is no more fishing needed.

Let's say you were pulled over for suspicion of DUI. You were NOT drunk, you dont even drink. But maybe you weaved a bit. So the cops pull you over. If they see marijuana in plain sight on the dash, they can now arrest you for that...even though they pulled you over for something else and that something else turned out to be false.

In the case of the FLDS, they received a call asking for help, claiming abuse. So they received a valid warrant. once they are in, they see stuff all over the place that is wrong. They ask a few questions and boom....they have uncovered a web of statutory rape, forced marriages, and who knows what else.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote