View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't think they had a strong case in the first day or two when they rounded everyone up. From the media reports, it sounded like "that girl looks young and pregnant."

Ok. But what does that have to do with rounding up a 2 year old?

The law should be applied judiciously. Maybe I am crazy and it shouldn't be.
I hear you.

I have no idea how strong their case was, only that reports indicate that the warrant was properly executed.

The other thing the outraged are not addressing is that what the FLDS (and the LDS back in the day) were/are doing IS illegal. You cannot marry someone under 16 in Texas. You cannot have sex.

While I agree that it is certainly possible that there is a local agenda at play, some slack has to be given to the police....that is a HUGE mess to sort out when you are talking about hundreds of people.

one reason they may want to separate these kids is that these kids are now material witnesses to abuse. If they are with their parents, the moms coach the kids to lie. That sort of thing. It does suck to separate them, but there are logical explanations for it.

The other thing that is quite fishy about all of this....where are all the men now? Where are all these husbands? Did they all flee?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote