View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #32
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I certainly am not an expert analyst when it comes to hoops. I just call it as I see it and only as I see it. My criticism of him is that he gets pushed off the blocks by players who have no business pushing him off the blocks and that he is much too dependent on going to his left. He needs to be much more ambidextrous if he wants to get better - and not in the Goatnapper sense of ambidexterity.
I believe he needs to get stronger in the lower-body - or improve his technique to increase leverage - as well. He does seem to get pushed off the block too easily.

On the other hand, you also have the fans who are blinded by their own prejudices against him, as made obvious by this doozie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
Joe Darger pushed Trent off the block with ease. Case closed.
What is (either willfully or not) ignored in this statement is the fact that the UNLV guards were pressuring the ball, causing the guards to run the offense five feet further out than they want to.

When the guard is five feet further out, Trent HAS to come out from the block as well in order to receive the entry pass. In other words, Joe Darger was not 'pushing Trent off the block' so much as Trent was moving off the block intentionally. I would think a BYU fan, supportive of one of the best bball players on the team, would recognize that and defend the man. Instead, the opposite occurs.

I truly don't understand some BYU fans.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote