View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #43
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
They are meaningless. China doesn't give a rat's ass about what happens to torch bearers.

No I didn't. I argued AGAINST an "ends justify the means" approach. Work on your reading comprehension.

I may have capitalized the word "American," but I did not mean to imply it only mattered that the torch runners today were American. And I clarified that point by saying those runners in Paris (French, obviously) did not deserve to be attacked, either. I'm sorry if that was too difficult for you to understand.

But you are a clever plagiarizer. Though I suppose I should give you partial credit for a slightly new twist on the vulgar play on words.

I can't recall where I said it should be in China. Would you mind finding that for me?
Lingo, I don't think you understand China at all. China ABSOLUTELY cares about what is happening with the torch. They are more interested in image than perhaps any other nation on Earth. They have gone through the main cities and spruced up the areas where visitors will be going to absurd levels. They have bulldozed villages that didn't look nice, arrested all homeless people, diverted water that is filtered through a special purifying plant so visitors think all Chinese water is nice and clean (unless they get a drink 1 mile away). They have spent billions on new buildings that are magnificent and designed to show off China and its abilities (seriously, the new buildings are amazing). And yes, all host cities spend a lot of time on image, but China is taking it to entirely new levels.

China brought in the Olympics to show the world what they wanted the world to see in China. Instead, the world is telling China that what China is showing them isn't good enough.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote