View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #20
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
During his freshman year, a lot of us thought "this kid could really play in the NBA."

Now after his junior year, many of us cannot see him playing in the NBA, because he doesn't fill a role. He's not a good defender or rebounder. And he has an extremely limited offensive repertoire that will be even less effective in the NBA.

Imagine Plaisted against Garnett, Duncan, or Boozer.

Those of you that follow the NBA closely, is there any 4 that gets playing time in the NBA that plaisted would be better than?
IMO, a lot of the 'he's not a good defender or rebounder', and the 'he can't compete with NBA players' rhetoric comes from people who have an incorrect understanding of his talents.

I'm not saying he'll be a start in the NBA, or that he'll even get so much as a minute of pt.

I'm simply saying that, for the most part, I trust the majority of the anti-Plaisted-ite's judgement on his NBA-worthiness about as much as I trust the average terrorist.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote