View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #24
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Perhaps. I'm all for protecting abuse of women, underage or not, but if in the process of saving one abused girl we totally destroy/disrupt the lives of 399 others who are not being abused, something is wrong with the process.

Now that's not to say that this is exactly the case here, but if we're talking hypothetically, then it's a valid concern. The gov't ought to have exceptionally good cause before they can take away your children.
I don't begrudge Texas Child Services the job of sorting out the abused from the non-abused in this case. Keep in mind, they're not separating the children from their mothers - they were perfectly willing to allow the mothers to accompany their children.

In a case where there's obvious evidence of child abuse on this scale being perpetrated by numerous men, I think they've handled things perfectly well to this point.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote