Thread: Mlb
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Part of what I enjoy about baseball is the ability to watch a player progress through the minors, get his chance in the majors, and then play with the big-league team for a long time.

I'd much rather have teams being able to pay their home-grown talent enough to be able to keep them for life than having teams struggling to hang onto their drafted players because they're at the salary cap.

I'd be OK with a League maximum salary, with the sort of incentives the NBA has for players to stick with their original teams. The problem is, the MLB Players union would NEVER go for it.
And this is why Donald Fehr is the 2nd worst person on the planet. If we can rid baseball of Fehr and get a guy that actually cares about baseball, things will get better.

I realize that Fehr is just doing his job - representing the players - but he is a slimeball that cares nothing about the sport itself.

I am the self-proclaimed founder and president of the "I hate Fehr" club. If anyone would like to join me, there's plenty of room. There are no fees and only one requirement - that baseball would be better without Fehr.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote