View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
actually you could make the counter argument, that what Al Jazeera plays is and should be played in the USA.

Meaning that when OBL makes a statement, don't we play it also in the USA?

My gues is that AJ has more reporters in the field, more cameras, and are able to get footage that American outlets won't (for safety reasons). Didn't I just read today that two CBS newspersons were killed?

Some reporters never leave the green zone, others may leave, but only go between safe houses. There is very little "man on the street" reporting going on in Iraq, from what I can tell, outside of AJ and sources like that.

I don't have a problem expanding on the information we receive in the US. We are sophisticated enough in our experiences with the media to sift through crap (overall) and get a more complete picture of things going on over there. I do have a problem with focusing on negative aspects of the American presence in Iraq when such a focus places us, Iraqis, Israel and others in a far more dangerous situation. In 30 years when this is over (hopefully), we can take time to be more open there. Not right now.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote