View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
what is this order that you talk about?

Police killing civilians in sectarian violence. No real law enforcement. Murders everywhere. Bombs going off everywhere.

I'd hate to see what could happen if this "order" now present went away.

Victory is not possible in Iraq. We can't even define what a theoretical victory would be.

There is no question Iraq is filled with problems. Like you, I am angry with Bush that things ever got to the point of an Iraqi invasion. The cards are strongly stacked against a "victory" in that country.

Nevertheless, given what we have to work with, we now must do the best we can. How do you think Iraqis would perceive Americans if we cut and ran and left them to solve their own problems at this point? If you think they hate us now, just wait until after we have removed all structure in the country and left them in shambles.

I am familiar with the violence going on in Iraq right now. Question: would there be more violence without the US military presence? I think the answer is an obvious YES. I am quite confident they would devolve into a civil war almost immediately.

Things are bad now. I do blame Bush for that. Things CAN improve with substantial work (starting with altering the media images people see there). I have no faith Bush will improve things there, so perhaps I am looking more towards 2008 for progress.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote