Thread: Is anyone else
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #40
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
I've been following the Braves since the days of Rick Mahler, Bruce Benedict, Bob Horner, and (of course) Dale Murphy. I lived 3 hours from Atlanta while growing up, so I'm anything but a bandwagoner. I watched every day during the summer, even while they were losing 90 and 100 games a year.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the season, but I'm tired of being disappointed at playoff time.
I've never lived anywhere close. My dad watched them (probably due to the Murph) for as long back as I can remember, and I picked them up from him. Inherited fandom is legit, IMO.

I'm pretty excited about the season. Hampton will be hurt in the first game he pitches. I'm wondering what the Vegas line is for which part of his body he hurts. I'd take his groin for a buck.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote