View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #20
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
Spencer is the better of the two Hafoka brothers. He is bigger, stronger, and faster. I believe he was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school but he has been gone for 3 years since he went on his mission in October of what would have been his freshman year. I think he will be an impact down the road but is still pretty raw having been out of action for so long. A red shirt will do him good.
Correct. Spencer is much leaner. Saia was always shorter, squatier. I'm interested in seeing Spencer on the field, but it has been a LONG time since he signed. I hope he is able to come back and get going.

I agree with a lot of what has been said. I think there is a lot of talent in the skill positions at the Y. I really wish BYU would exploit more no-huddle sets as a good way to create mismatches. Lining Pitta up as a WR on a DB would be huge. Collie and Reed are physical enough that they can play inside and block with the running game. And I think Unga is good enough as a receiver that you could split him out. I'd love to see a "big" line up with Pitta, George, Tonga, Collie and Unga on the field line up in a Tight-I formation in a short yardage rushing play, bringing 'heavy' personnel in defensively, only to go no-huddle the next play and spread the defense out. Either force them to burn a timeout, or have a mismatch somewhere with Pitta, Collie or George lined up one on one on an overmatched corner.

I'm also interested to see what DiLuigi's true abilities are. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Mahuika... a guy with physical talent, but can't put it together on the field, either because of injuries or just not being a good football player.

Offensively there is a LOT of potential for this team. It could be a very very very fun year.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote