View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #31
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

A friend of mine (Jim Swarthout on this board) introduced me to BYU message boards in 2000. I can't remember the name of it, but the first one I posted on was a low traffic site run by some grouchy old guy, then on to cougartalk, then byuboard and now here. I'm done with cougarboard, but these are some of the moments I remember most there:
  • Kugrmaniac challenging WYO to a fight, wanting to meet at a Buger King in Evanston, Wyoming.
  • Chris Burgess' older brother is a close friend of mine and I introduced him to byuboard in summer of 2000 and he loved it, for a short while anyway. Later I deeply regretted that decision because of the bitter things BYU fans would post about Chris starting fall of '00, his first season at Utah. For awhile I would send El Jefe messages asking him to remove posts, which he would do, but I couldn't keep up. I was surprised David ended up committing to BYU.
  • Grapevine thought "crap" was the "c-word": http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1087032
  • Y'zGuy asking for money so that he could quit his job to live his lifelong dream of being a BYU football manager.
  • The alleged suicide of GayCougar.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote