Thread: Is anyone else
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
I'm a non-frontrunning Red Sox guy - I've liked them since I visited Boston in the mid-80s as a kid, when the Deseret News was covering Bruce Hurst's every start, and the '86 WS is pretty much my first baseball memory. I was too young to realize how close they had come, but I've never blamed Buckner. The Sox should have won Game 7.

My favorite Sox memory (besides obvious ALCS and WS events of the past 3.5 years) is Pedro coming out of the bullpen in '99 and nailing the coffin shut on the Indians. "Wake up the Bambino. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass."

My NL team is the Pirates (Woo-hoo!) I only live about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, and the tickets are cheap. But man, they suck. Phillies fans are insufferable, though, so I've pledged my allegiance to Pittsburgh.
I am an unapologetic Dodger fan, but was able to see the Blue play the Sox a few years back at Fenway during interleague. It was a great experience.

I think McCourt is more excited about seeing the Sox play next week than he is seeing his own team play. That guy is a Boston homer and will never be accepted in this town. One of the first things he talked about when he arrived in LA was "streamlining concessions." Not a bad idea, except he spoke about possibly elimintating grilled Dodger Dogs and converting everything to steamed. basically, that was the end of his "honeymoon period" in LA.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote