Thread: Is anyone else
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I AM! And this is purposely in all caps to denote yelling.

Next weekend is the Dodgers/Red Sox exhibition at the LA Coliseum. It will be an amazing experience, plus a world record for largest attedance at a baseball game....115,000.

I cant wait to see the converted coliseum, just like back in the old days after the move from Brooklyn, before I was born. That is going to be sweet.
I'm a non-frontrunning Red Sox guy - I've liked them since I visited Boston in the mid-80s as a kid, when the Deseret News was covering Bruce Hurst's every start, and the '86 WS is pretty much my first baseball memory. I was too young to realize how close they had come, but I've never blamed Buckner. The Sox should have won Game 7.

My favorite Sox memory (besides obvious ALCS and WS events of the past 3.5 years) is Pedro coming out of the bullpen in '99 and nailing the coffin shut on the Indians. "Wake up the Bambino. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass."

My NL team is the Pirates (Woo-hoo!) I only live about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, and the tickets are cheap. But man, they suck. Phillies fans are insufferable, though, so I've pledged my allegiance to Pittsburgh.