View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
There are more children in Utah Co and SLC Co than in LA County and Orange County?

The "preying on Mormon kids theory" isnt necessarily the accurate tale of the tape, given that a majority on the offender list are already released and back in the community, having committed their crimes in other states. Also, if the "mormon kids" theory were accurate, why would the state release so many offenders right into the very community that houses these kids?

As I stated before, many, if not most, come from other areas....they arent from Utah, per se.

I am not sure of the answer, but it would seem that at least part of the reason there are so many located in Utah Co is because it is cheaper to re-lo parolees where the cost of living is less and where the community is less likely to put up political pressure to oppose such a presence within the community. Housing for offenders is a classic NIMBY issue. I just dont see the fine folks of American Fork galvanizing against this kind of dilemma. My in-laws werent even aware so many lived amongst them and didnt want to acknowledge it.

I think that is why you dont see too many relocated sex offenders in South Orange County, palisades, etc.....too expensive to house them there and too much cash to assert political pressure on those making the decisions as to where to house these people. For that matter, i doubt there will be that many registered sex offenders living on the East Bench, either.
I would guess that per capita Utah and SL County have far more children and that it isn't even close.