View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #42
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Do you think the role of the official Church Historian is or should be the same as any other regular historian of the church?
I am a bit confused, do you mean the ward and stake historians that take pictures of bishoprics and have young women offer testimonials about Girls Camp?

If that is what you mean, then yes I do think that the official Church Historian should have a different role. I believe in an professional academic who would publish history that is acceptable in that realm. I think that brings the Church great benefit.

If that is not what you mean by the "other regular historians of the Church," please inform and I will answer. Do you mean the difference between the Arrington experiment versus an ecclesastical leader such as BH Roberts or Joseph Fielding Smith? If that is what you meant, my answer is the same as above.