View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #144
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Here is what I think is the fundamental issue people are having a problem with. I don't know about anyone else, but here is my opinion.

I don't think it's anyone else's place to even wish that a family would extend mercy under the circumstances. I think it is completely usurping their right to mourn their deceased relatives.

I think it takes a lot of gall to be so presumptuous as to make any judgment about the families of the victims (which is exactly what you are doing by wishing they show mercy and not seek prosecution).

If the families were to decide that on their own, then I would applaud them for it.

But to intimate that they "should" do that is de facto passing judgment on them in the event they choose not do to do so. I.e., it is implying that they are acting less than charitable.

I hope you do not get your requested acknowledgement that your wish is not dismissive of the lives of those who were tragically lost, because that is exactly what it is.

It is arrogant, presumptuous, and wrong. How the victims' families react to the loss is completely their prerogative. For anyone to opine as to how they "should" react is the height of audacity.

I'm like Rocky here. Just calling it like I see it.
I didn't say they "should." Try to keep up, SoCal.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...54&postcount=5

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote