View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #52
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
The "murder" comment was not directed at you, but at Mike Waters (with whom it appeared you agreed). Apologies for the confusion, but many times I'm trying to respond to multiple people with one post.

Here is your response. You'll notice that I commented RIGHT THERE that I didn't say he shouldn't be prosecuted. That is, the family and/or the state have a right to prosecute should they so choose.

Given that based on what little we know, it appeared to be an accident (and I'm going to give him the benefit until shown otherwise), I remarked how amazing it would be if the family chose to extend mercy. It might help them both heal a little more easily after a tremendous tragedy.

I pity that you don't share that feeling, but I don't begrudge you it. Stop acting like I'm unreasonable for how I feel, would you?
SO how do you feel? Quit using double negatives. Speak declaratively for once. SAying "I don't say he shouldn't be prosecuted" certainyl si not as clear as "He should be prosecuted", is it?

And as I said before, what circumstacnes, in your mind (if there are any) would allow you to conclude that this guy should just walk away facing notihing? UNder what is reported I can't imagine any.

At least we all agree that this is a terrible tragedy.