View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #38
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
In no way are these cyclists at fault, even if they were out of the bike lane and this guy should be prosecuted, no matter how badly I feel for him. My life depends on prosecuting everyone of them to some degree or another. Otherwise, the life of a cyclist is inconsequential.
I don't know if this is addressed to me, but I never suggested the cyclists were at fault. And I don't think mercy on the part of the family, presuming this was an accident, means that the life of anyone--much less a cyclist--is inconsequential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Tex? Can you offer any scenario that would suggest this was a simple matter offorgiveable inattention thta could happen to anyone?
I'm not sure my thoughts are fairly characterized as "a simple matter of forgiveable inattention" ... I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, creekster, and assume you aren't engaging in Archaea-style distortion here, but legitimately misunderstanding.

There's nothing simple about taking 2 (or 3) lives. It's a horrible tragedy. What I'm suggesting is that you have knee-jerk imputed intent to this man based less on actual evidence than on your own emotion reactions to others who were legitimately guilty of taunting cyclists.

Based on a single article with barely a pair of paragraphs on the incident, you all have divined intent, pronounced guilt, and determined sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
But Tex's attitude scares me. Killing cyclists is ho-hum.

BTW, I feel the same way about DUI drivers who kill others. There must be strict enforcement to deter others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Does Tex want to forgive and not punish drunk drivers who kill?
It's demonstrative of the irrationality you folks are approaching this issue when my comments are characterized as treating this tragedy as "ho-hum."

Drunk driving is a little bit different in my opinion, but depending on the circumstances, the same counsel could apply.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote