View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #37
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

The issue should be investigated, and prosecution seriously considered.

Regardless of circumstances, anything that results in an accident, with or without fatalities, as a result of negligent driving, deserves investigation & possible prosecution.

We've all made mistakes while driving, and there's a number of possibilities that could have resulted in a purely accidental set of circumstances leading to this result. It's surprising, and perhaps condemning, that one who should be a model for safe driving ended up with this result.

While I'm not prepared to condemn the guy for it, if it's true that this was intentional, or even unintentional (read not a 'hazing' incident) but the result of negligence, the guy deserves prosecution. Having unintentionally, but negligently, caused a near-death experience while driving recklessly (wasn't nearly so much fun after the accident), I'd say I would have deserved prosecution if anyone had died from my lapse in judgment.

I would post an attempted joke about bikers wearing spandex, but this isn't the appropriate thread to do so in...
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote