View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
A priest in my ward growing up, ran a red light (I think, but it was some kind of illegal traffic violation on his part at an intersection, he was at fault) and hit a motorcyclist (a college student I think). The guy went to the hospital. The priest visited him in the hospital, and after a couple days the guy died of his injuries.

I don't think the priest was prosecuted (at least he didn't do any jail or anything), but he was never the same, I think.

I think I would rather be killed by another driver, then kill a person through my negligence.
It is a different matter for a young man or lay driver than a professional driver and protector of the citizenry to kill cyclists.

The standard should be more stringent. Usually I feel safer with police officers while driving than I do with normal motorists. This story makes me rethink that understanding.

Tex you always seem to side on the side of authority and orthodoxy, and never take account for the minorities or marginalized.

There are laws in place, and if motorists followed them, we'd have very few cycling deaths. Prosecutions need to be fiercely pursued to stop the need slaughter of cyclists on the roads.